Frequently Asked Questions

Wedding and Vow Renewal Info

What can you do?

What if we do not want our picture(s) posted on your site?

   I am a minister, I perform weddings and baptisms/christenings. Including secular/civil (non-religious) ceremonies.
    I only post the pictures from ceremonies that I am given permission by the couple. I will not take or post any pictures if you have not given me permission.

What areas do you officiate? 

    I perform ceremonies in Oregon.

How are you dressed when you officiate over a ceremony?

Do you require that premarital counseling be done?

    I dress in a simple Black, Navy or Brown suit or a Black robe with a white wedding stole. For a relaxed or informal ceremony, I wear a blouse and dress slacks. The decision of what I wear to your ceremony is your choice. If you do not notify me of a preference, then I will wear a Dress pants (grey or black), blouse and a sweater/Blazer (grey or black). For pictures of my attire please refer to my Photo Gallery

What do I need for the ceremony?

    Marriage License
    Ceremony Location
    At least 2 witnesses (12 years old or older)

No, this is not required.

Do you require a contract? 

How long have you been performing weddings? 

Do you take care of the license after the ceremony or do we?

     Yes, I believe you should feel confident that you are hiring a professional to officiate your ceremony. 
    I have been performing weddings since 2005.
    I fill out your wedding license and send it in to the county clerk’s office. Within two to five weeks you should be able to obtain your official marriage certificate. 

What are your beliefs?

    I am a non-denominational minister, I believe you should have the wedding or vow renewal of your desire. I respect all beliefs and customs, your individuality is what makes your ceremony special. 


What type of payments do you accept?

When do we pay you?

What happens if we cancel our ceremony?

    I request the Reservation Fee of 50% of total services price. This is to be paid when you fill out/return the contract. The Remaining Amount is paid 1 month before the ceremony date. 
   If you cancel your ceremony prior to one month before the ceremony only the booking fee for the ceremony will be non-refundable. If you cancel your ceremony within one month of your ceremony date the full amount of the ceremony is due to me.
I accept Cash, Personal Checks, Money Orders or Debit/Credit Cards using Square. Square is for credit card payments and are free for you to use.

Do you have a list of readings pre-selected, from which the couple must choose?

What happens if we need to reschedule our ceremony?

Do you allow the couple to write their own vows, if desired?

    I will do my best to accommodate your request to change the date of your wedding. If for some reason I cannot accommodate the change in your wedding date, then I will refund all the fees you have paid except the reservation/booking fee.
    No, each ceremony is unique. I do, however, have suggestions for couples that need the little extra help in making their ceremony unique.
    Yes, this is your day. Writing your own vows makes it completely unique. However, if you do not feel comfortable then I have a variety vows to choose from, many are simple yet lovely.

Can our children be involved in the ceremony?

    Yes, the ceremony is your vision, I just help you create it. 

Oregon Requirements

Where do we get a marriage license?

Can you marry us the day we get the license?

How much does a Waiting Period Waiver cost?

Residents of Oregon - May apply for a marriage license at any of the 36 county clerk offices.  There is a 3 day waiting period before the license can be used. The fee varies from $50.00 to 85.00, they all should be paid in cash. The marriage license may be used in any county in the State of Oregon. The license is valid for 60 days.

     Nonresidents of Oregon - May apply for a marriage license at any of the states 36 county clerk offices. Request a waiver to waive the three day waiting period for the use of the marriage license. The marriage license fees are $50 to $85, they must be paid in cash. The license is valid only for 60 days.

The marriage license may be obtained through the mail in several counties. Call the county clerk's office for more information. All of the county clerk office numbers and addresses are listed below.

    Yes, If you can obtain a waiver. Otherwise no, the law says you must wait three days after obtaining your marriage license before it is legal to wed. However on the fourth day I would be very pleased to officiate your ceremony.
    It depends on the county. each county is allowed to set their own fee for waiving a waiting period. The fee varies from Free to $25.00. Some counties in the state of Oregon do not allow the waiting period to be waived. Please check the website of the County Marriage License Office you plan to obtain your license from for more details.

What is the legal age to marry in the State of Oregon?

    You are legal to marry if you are 18 or older without need of parental consent. You may marry if you are 17 and have parental consent. The county clerk can help you obtain the necessary forms when you go to obtain your marriage license.

Oregon's County Clerk Address & Phone Number List

Baker County Clerk
1995 3rd St
Baker, OR 97814

Benton County Clerk
120 Northwest Fourth St
Corvallis, OR 97330

Clackamas County Clerk
County Recording Office
2051 Kaen Rd
Oregon City, OR 97045

Clatsop County Clerk
749 Commercial
P.O. Box 178
Astoria, OR 97103

Columbia County Recorder
Columbia County Courthouse
St Helens, OR 97051

Coos County Clerk
Coos County Courthouse
Coquille, OR 97423

Crook County Clerk
300 E 3rd St
Prineville, OR 97754

Curry County Clerk
P.O. Box 746
Gold Beach, OR 97444

Deschutes County Clerk
1130 Nw Harriman
Bend, OR 97701

Douglas County Clerk
P.O. Box 10
Roseburg, OR 97470

Gilliam County Recorder
221 S. Oregon St Rm. 200
Condon, OR 97823

Grant County Clerk
Canyon City, OR 97820

Harney County Clerk
450 North Buena Vista
Burns, OR 97720

Hood River County
309 State St
Hood River, OR 97031

Jackson County Clerk
10 South Oakdale
Medford, OR 97501

Jefferson County Clerk
657 "C" St
Madras, OR 97741

Josephine County Clerk
6th & C St, #170
Grants Pass, OR 97526

Klamath County Recorder
16 Main St
Klamath Falls, OR 97601

Lincoln County Recorder
225 West Olive St, #201
Newport, OR 97365

Lake County Recorder
513 Center St
Lakeview, OR 97630

Lane County
Deeds And Records Office
125 East 8th Ave
Eugene, OR 97401

Linn County Recorder
P.O. Box 100
Albany, OR 97321

Malheur County Clerk

251 B St West Box 4
Vale, OR 97918

Marion County Clerk
100 High St N.E.#110
Salem, OR 97301

Morrow County Clerk
100 North Court
Heppner, OR 97836

Multnomah County Clerk
501 S.E. Hawthorne Blvd
Portland, OR 97214

Polk County Clerk
Courthouse, Room 201
Dallas, OR 97338

Sherman County Clerk
500 Court St
Moro, OR 97039

Tillamook County Clerk
201 Laurel Ave
Tillamook, OR 97141

Umatilla County
Recorder or Clerk
216 S.E. 4th St
Pendleton, OR 97801

Union County Clerk
1100 L. St
La Grande, OR 97850

Wallowa County Clerk
101 S. River
Enterprise, OR 97828

Wasco County Clerk
County Court House

The Dalles, OR 97058

Washington County
Records Division
155 North First St, #130
Hillsboro, OR 97124

Wheeler County Clerk
701 Adams St
Fossil, OR 97830

Yamhill County Clerk
Fifth And Evans Room 119
Mcminnville, OR 97128